Women often wonder if they are making the right choice – especially when it comes to their man. Yes, at the beginning everything is glorious, but when you take off the rose-colored glasses you may not be so sure. Your dream man too often can morph into your worst nightmare.
Here’s eight ways that can help you to decide if you are heading down the right road with the right guy.
1. Comfortability – You may have just met him but feel you have known him for years.
2. Meeting of the minds – Your goals, morals and ethics are pretty much rooted in the same beliefs.
3. Mutual respect and admiration- You encourage each other to be the best you can be - not compete for who’s the alpha dog..
4. Acceptance – You accept each other for who you are - warts and all. If he is constantly criticizing you or correcting you – run for the hills!!
5. Forgiveness Without Resentment – It’s easy to say you forgive your man but be very sure you are not building up a wall of resentment when you do.
6. Sexual Combatability – You can’t fake it – either it’s there or it isn’t. Don’t shortchange yourself.
7. Strength of Character - You deserve a stand-up guy. Someone who doesn’t just talk the talk but has demonstrated that he will be there for you in good times and bad.
8. Financially Responsible - You want a guy who earns and spends his money wisely. Of course, you have to be on that same responsibility track yourself. You know how dicey money problems can get.
Relationships are tough. Be open and honest right from the start and you will definetely have a leg up on happiness.
The Real Cougar Woman is a 5-carat diamond who knows the importance of taking care of her health, beauty, relationships, finances and spirituality. Linda Franklin says,”there is no stopping a woman who has a strong belief system, passion and a dream. All things are possible”. Linda’s book, Don’t Ever Call Me Ma’am helps women of all ages tap into their power and live life to the fullest.